Tuesday, March 11, 2008

sacred company

I spend a wonderful weekend in Kingston at a workshop with Judith Martin. Kingston Fibreworks organize events and have worldclass speakers at the facilites at St Lawrence College.
We started with a presentation by Judith. A preamble show & tell of some of her pieces. A wonderful slide show as Judith read poetry.
Saturday and Sunday were a combination of stitching & sharing. I especially enjoyed hearing everyones short presentation about themselves based on the timelines we prepared about ourselves. We all DO have stories. Interesting stories. value your story, write your story, share your story. For me I know I will be including my story in my work.
It was a memorable weekend in other ways too. Snow,lots of snow, wind, stuck cars, abandoned cars.
these are some of the dyed fabrics in the kits Judith prepared for us. You can see where I've started stitching on a piece of dyed dish towel.

No comments: