Monday, December 17, 2007

snow day

Here in Southern Ontario we had a good winter storm over the weekend with lots of snow. at least a couple of feet. the best part is getting to stay indoors all day guilt free (well yes this is something I do at least once a week - most Sundays and occasionally from Friday am through to Monday am.)
A good change to finish a few projects for Christmas gifts. There is very little chance the recipient will see this as she has a strong dislike for computers and wouldn't own one except she is in college. Yup we are talking about my youngest daughter. I won't have to ban her from the blog like some people!!
anywho this is a little wallhanging for my tree-loving daughter.

A piece of hand-dyed fabric from my course in Kingston last summer. The centre stitching is machine embroidered from a design made on 4D Sketch by Laura Kemshall from her journal Thr3fold.
It may look familiar as it is very similar to the pillow Laura made for Quilting Arts magazine.
I don't have very much hand-dyed fabric so I used a commercial fabric for the binding. I like the way it looks like looking up through a tree full of leaves. there is a tiny bit of bronzy gold in the binding that ties into the painted leaves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie, this is gorgeous! Beautiful job...

Pokey Bolton

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

heeheehee!

This is SOOOOOOO gorgeous. She'll LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

OXOXO
Love from the blog-banning some person