Thursday, April 13, 2006

Kaffe Fassett


I heard Kaffe Fassett speak years ago at the wonderful site of my graduation- Convocation Hall at UofT. I think it was before he started quilting. He talked about colour & inspiration. He finished by having people who had knitted his kits or in his style on stage with him. Now he has turned into a brand for many different mediums -fabric, tile, yarn.
I have his book Passionate Patchwork. I haven't found any local quilt shops that carry his fabrics -so that was on my shopping list in Chicago.
I bought 4 bundles of fat quarters- 24 in total. I love the colours & the variety of scale in the prints. I don't know if I'm going to do something specific with them or if they will join the stash to play!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to say…. This is Absolutely the most Beautiful, Creative, and personable piece of Artwork I have ever encountered in all my years of Quilted Art.


Professor L. Duggar