Thursday, March 30, 2006

ATC's


Two of my favourite magazines are cloth,paper and scissors and Quilting Arts Magazine both from the same publisher. In the spring issue of cps there was a challenge for ATC's to be exchanged at the Chicago Quilt Show. I sent in my 5 cards. I took one of the first embroideries I did when I got my machine. I cut it up & coloured with water-soluble fabric crayson. I don't have a picture of the finished cards. These are them in progress.
Now Patricia 'Pokey' Bolton, the editor of these great magazines has raised the stakes in the card game!! She has offered to trade 200 more ATC's & offered great instructions on making cards with felt. I'll see your offer & raise you 5 more cards!! See you at the table in Chicago!!


This is on of 10 ATC's I made. Butterflies on collage, covered with inked transparency then black mesh sewn on the top. I made them to give to people in my class at Joyce's Studio when I teach this mesh tote bag.

No comments: